Sunday, February 5, 2017

Deers!





wooh!

I woke up today at three and decided to get some film developed, ended up skating for a minute and ended up listening to this kid who i know for a fact is not vegan, tell people that he was vegan, i hate parties,i have a wicked sore throat that's keeping me from falling asleep, on top of the usual insomnia, life sucks, anyway ANYWAY
Deers!
Deers! were a band from sacramento california (i think) and were active in 2009. I don't know how long Deers! lasted and I don't know when they started but i do know that they're kick ass. Screechy, passionate vocals over some really cool riffs. I think they've got the best breakdowns an emo band can have, those basslines kill me every time. I know they played a show with Touche Amore, which is pretty cool to me, that band seems to keep it real, i know jeremy fuccs with a lot of emo. Plus Elliot was in a powerviolence band called Duke Nukem Forever way back when.
I wrote a riff one time and realized it was a part of 'parts two and three'
A year or so ago i found a video of Deers! playing live and lost it until recently so I'm gonna throw that wherever blogspot plops the videos (i'm bad with computers) My favorite song is the last on their discography cassette, it's called "sorry i'm just a little" though i'm pretty sure there's more to that title that's what it's called on youtube. That song gets to me.


Here's a link to their discography cassette, i'm unsure if the tracklisting is fucked up, i just made a mediafire to upload stuff today


Discography Cassette 










4 comments:

  1. They started sometime late 2008 they also did a live split tape with this other band. It had like a song or 2 that didnt make it to anything. some songs off the 2008 demo tape ended up being on their split cd with matsuri i had happen to run into one of these way back. the first 3 on the discography tape ended up on the only wax release with MNWA, Colorchromatic, Pansori and Animal lover. those songs were also on their last tour as a cdr. They had potential but ended too soon. I think they lasted a whole year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they were really something else, i met james from mnwa when i played on tour in north carolina, i totally wish he would have had some of their split on him i'd have bought 10 in a heartbeat

      Delete
  2. It's amazing to me you think so highly of us, I was the drummer in this band. You guys are awesome thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the guitarist of deers!, Jeff. We can't thank you enough for the support. It's really cool to see people enjoying our music years after we disbanded.

    Not sure if this is still relevant, but I'll give you some background:

    We started in 2007. The drummer and bassist's previous band, Ameurea, broke up and so we got together and jammed. We improved our first practice and ended up with Failedmissionstothemoonimgettingreallysickofsand. We felt we had great chemistry and then continued creating all our songs by improvising together. We released two ep's before we eventually disbanded until about 2010. If anyone is interested, I may still have one or two songs created in 2009/210 that were never released.

    Thanks so much for taking the time to write about deers!

    -Jeff

    ReplyDelete