Monday, February 13, 2017

Vivian K

best band ever

Vivian K are a mathy-emo-punk-garage? band from Florida, they moved to Chicago at some point but are back (i think)
They may as well live on the road though, they tour very often so if you see this while they're still active, totally go to a show or else you're missing out.
They've just released a new album and they're getting the LP soon enough (vinyl turnaround time is so fucking long since yuppies re-popularized it) 
Can we talk about that vinyl bullshit though, it fucking pisses me off that bands who deserve vinyl can't afford it cause people think a Sharknado 3 picture disk will sell, shit kills me.

Anyway, Vivian K are incredible, I remember not liking their stuff when I had first heard it online but after seeing them live in Cape Coral (s/o nice guys pizza) my emotional ass changed my mind. They played "Success is the Best Revenge" the first time I saw them and I damn near cried.
The second time I saw them was at the same place, my band was supposed to play with them but my drummers car broke down last minute (we live like 2 hours apart since i moved to college)
They played songs that aren't out yet and i gotta say i'm very excited for whatever is to come. 
They're on Creep records which to me seemed like Jank replacement (i'm not saying Vivian K don't deserve it i'm just saying that timing was weird) 
(show flier for the show i was supposed to play with them)

Check em the fuck out though they're the sweetest people, see them on tour and buy all their shit
ALSO
it's important to note that they contributed a song to a compilation tape, the proceeds of which go to planned parenthood, and in these troubling times under evangelical christian rule it is very important that we do all we can to support institutions that will struggle in the next four, and god forbid (lol irony) eight years.


Links are attached to all the names and whatever (you know, the highlighted stuff)
Here's some articles and things


tbh tho that pile riff is very similar and both songs make me happy as heck at that part


No comments:

Post a Comment