Friday, February 10, 2017

Malon

Reverie (2012)

Malon, (rhymes with alone) were a band from San Diego that were active from 2012 to 2013 (i think).
I found out about them when i heard flowers taped to pens cover "your invitation"  by malon.
Upon spending too much time on the internet i found out that Connie (FTTP, AvariMeryl Streaker, Rene Descartes, Seeyouspacecowboy, S//A Records) was friends with someone from Malon in high school. (is it weird that i know that, probably) 
Malon are the reason i finally watched requiem for a dream (they sample it a bunch and the album art for Portraits of Dying is from the movie). 
They've got a lot of heavy shit and a lot of not heavy shit. I'm bad at describing bands.
What i like the most about malon are how sincere they sound.
My favorite Malon album is Reverie, (pictured above)
Under a Red Sky is a beautiful song and fucks me up a bit every time i listen. I miss hearing them for the first time and being floored listen after listen. Not many bands do that to me anymore, i think i've become jaded, maybe i was just a more emotional person at 15-16.
I miss those days.

I posted some Malon song on youtube and have been pestered by people wanting the files ever since. I actually made a really good friend that way and I miss him dearly. 
(free connor)





hey if tracklisting is fucked up for anything i post ever please let me know and i'll send it to you,
i'm new to mediafire and whatnot so yeah bare w me (bear?) (idfk)





3 comments:

  1. Hey there! I stumbled across your blog via a link on the Angry Emo Nerd page, awesome stuff! I do a blog called Creation Of Minerals, and I'll post a link to Screamo Tapes up on my blogroll. There may be some stuff I posted about up on there you may be into (or not, I don't really know) so check it out if you get a chance. Keep the posts coming, and thanks for taking the time and making the effort to do this blog, which I'm glad I recently came across.

    - Matt / Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    CreationOfMinerals.blogspot.com
    KingSlenderPa.bandcamp.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Matt! I didn't know you ran creation of minerals ! My label just put out King Slenders tape ! Small world in emo ain't it?

      thank you for posting screamotapes on your blog! I'd do the same but I don't know how hahah, I do enjoy creation of minerals though i've been checking it out for a while now

      Cheers !

      -jordan

      parking lot records/fei lung/screamotapes

      Delete
  2. Wow, it seems like Malon is kinda being rediscovered. This is incredible. I first listened to them about 4 years ago, but never downloaded their album. 2 years ago I scourged the internet for a download of Portraits of Dying, and found one on some shitty half-english ZIP site. I'm really glad to see someone is writing about them, hope other people will find their tunes. They're incredible :-)

    ReplyDelete